Happy New Year!
What a year it has been. So many Canadian startup success stories, including the public launch of our friends PasswordBox, and the rocket growth of Frank & Oak. We’re thankful to be part of such an innovative and supportive community in Montreal, and we wish everyone the best for the upcoming year.
Here are highlights from the past year at Wajam.
GROWING THE WAJAM FAMILY
We grew the team from ten to over fifty in the past year and moved into a beautiful new office decorated with artwork from local graffiti legends Scaner, Axe and Earth Crusher.
As a team, we shared many memorable moments, from occasional nerf gun shootouts at the office to outdoor sporting challenges against fellow Montreal startups.
Flight training at the gym for Spartan Race
Wajam Spartans celebrate at the finish line
ENGAGING MONTREAL’S TECH COMMUNITY
We won 2nd place at the International Startup Festival ball hockey tournament against teams from Twitter, Busbud, Real Ventures, iNovia Capital, BDC, Nexalogy, Rho Ventures and more.
2nd place at the International Startup Festival ball hockey tournament
The Wajam Panda mascot during a soccer match vs. PasswordBox
We hosted talks with special guests like Boku co-founder Ron Hirson, Frank & Oak founders Hicham Ratnani & Ethan Song, Nicolas Bélanger from W Investments (co-founder of DTI Software the world’s leader of in-flight entertainment technology), Richard Speer from Attraction and more.
Ron Hirson from DocuSign giving a Lunch & Learn talk at the office
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Just like the previous year, we won many awards. Among the highlights, CEO Martin-Luc Archambault won gold for Innovator of the Year at the International Business Awards, and our development team was recognized as the top Technology Department by the Best in Bizz awards. And as a team, we won Canada’s Company of the Year prize at the Digi Awards in Toronto.
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Companies-To-Watch award for revenue growth
- PwC Vision to Reality Top 10 Up-and-Coming Technology Company award for innovation
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year at Concours ARISTA
- Company of the Year at the Digi Awards
- Three awards at the 8th annual Hot Companies & Best Products Awards in Las Vegas, including Innovative Company of the Year, Best Information Technology Company and
- Three awards at the Best in Bizz 2013 Awards for Technology Executive, Technology Department & Video of the Year.
- Four Stevie’s at the 2013 International Business Awards for Innovator of the Year, Executive of the Year (Internet/New Media), Best Shopping App and Best New Product.
Wajam CEO Martin-Luc Archambault wins Young Entrepreneur of the Year
THE UPCOMING YEAR
It’s been an incredible year of growth, and we look forward to wowing you with even more social search innovations in the new year.
Wishing you much love, joy and laughter,
The Wajam team